Effective: 15 July 2020
1.1 Who We Are
Linkup Point is officially registered as Linkup Point INC. in Delaware, and registered to do business in Colorado, with our actual office in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are a C Corporation in the process of becoming a Public Benefit Corporation. Our website is at www.linkup-point.com and we may be contacted at email@example.com.
1.2 The Mission of Linkup Point and how that Relates to Your Privacy
The mission of Linkup Point is to increase participation and lower barriers to entry in sports and recreation, and consequently to promote better health and quality of life, for all people in all places. Linkup Point also promotes recreational access and the stewardship of recreational and wild places, in order to enhance and sustain those places for current and future generations.
1.3 About this Document
2. Collection Of Information
2.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, add information to your profile, group friends, create or attend events, set availability, and fill out other forms. The types of information that we may collect to create your account include your name, username, password, email, location, date of birth, gender, and any other information that you choose to provide. Your choice of availability, friends, groups, activities and events is optional, but we are required to process this information in order to administer your account, and to indicate that you are participating in the events that you join. See Section 3 to learn how we will use the information that you provide to personalize our recommendations and other content to you.
On occasion, the information that you give us when you join an event may imply information about you; for instance, the mere fact of joining a certain event may indicate information about your health, fitness ability, or sexual identity. Joining such events, or posting information on the Platform about these topics, is entirely voluntarily and done with your consent. This, and other kinds of sensitive information, is given special protection.
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform based on your consent to the collection of this information. For further information see Section 6.2.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Platform and your experience, and track usage of our Platform. Pixel tags are electronic images that may be used in our Platform or emails, and track usage of our Platform and effectiveness of communications.
- Other Information: With your permission, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll, contacts of individuals you wish to find or connect with, or calendar information you want to manage via the Platform.
2.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us. Examples include:
- Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, that will be used for purposes such as improving your Linkup Point recommendations. We may also have access to third-party account information if you use the Platform feature to share a link.
- Member Content. We may receive information about you when you or another member posts other content to the Platform. For further details about the rights over this information available to individuals, see Section 7.
- Information From Other Third-Party Sources. In order to provide you with more tailored recommendations, we may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties as permitted by law. For more information about the data that we obtain from these providers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Use Of Information
3.1 Operating our Platform
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to process transactions, develop new products and services, and manage the performance of our Platform;
- Display information about you, for instance, through your public profile (such as favorite activities) and on members lists for groups;
- Personalize the Platform, for example, to suggest content in which we think you may be interested;
- Allow you to share information about your use of the Platform through a third-party social media service, if you connect your account through that service (which you can turn off at any time), to provide you with better recommendations;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Linkup Point and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests; and
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
3.2 Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, about products, services, and events offered by us and others, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, to contact you about events on our Platform that are being held near your location, and to otherwise communicate with you in accordance with Section 3.3;
- Notify you about communications of other members, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate in your account; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
3.3 Advertising And Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide content, features, or sponsorships that match member profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests and other promotions;
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
4. Sharing Of Information
4.1 Through Our Platform
We share some of the information that we collect by displaying it on our Platform according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as your first name, username, and profile picture, is always public. Some information, such as Location, is Public by default, but can be changed to “All Members”, “My Connections”, or “Only Me”. Some information, such as attendance of an event, will always be visible to other members of that Linkup Point event, and may be public, depending on the settings of that event. We recommend that you check the event settings and what information will be available before attending the event to ensure that you are happy with the information that is visible to others. If you would like to easily see and change the privacy/visibility settings of all fields on your profile, you may select the Account sub-menu and then the Privacy link in the dropdown menu under your account name at the top right of your screen when logged in. Under the Account menu you may also Export Data, Delete Account or change Email Preferences. By exporting data you can see all the data that you have explicitly provided to us.
4.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
4.3 Following The Law And Protecting Linkup Point
We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Linkup Point or others.
4.4 Social Sharing And Other Tools
The Platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions that you take on our Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with the service. The third-party services’ use of the information will be governed by the third-parties’ privacy policies, and we do not control the third-parties’ use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
4.5 Affiliate Sharing And Merger, Sale, Or Other Asset Transfers
If Linkup Point is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
4.6 Other Situations
We may de-identify or aggregate information about you and share it freely, so that you can no longer be identified. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so.
5. Additional Details
5.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
5.2 Transfer Of Information To The U.S. And Other Countries
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to appropriately protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers. We train employees regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorized employees to access information on a need to know basis, as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may do so by selecting the Account and Login Information links from the dropdown menu under your account name on the top right of your screen while logged in, and then changing your password. We also highly recommend that you enable Multifactor Authentication, which can be accessed by going to the Account and Multifactor Authentication links in that same dropdown menu. Multifactor Authentication is the safest way to protect your account.
5.4 Data Retention
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member of the Platform, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- To enable you to use our Platform;
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To provide you with a refund, if entitled;
- To provide accurate accounting information to other members about the events that they organize or administer;
- To better understand the traffic to our Platform so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Platform, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
You may export and view what data you have explicitly provided to us by navigating to Account and Export Data in the dropdown menu and sub-menu under your account name at the top right of your screen while logged in. If you choose to delete your account you may do so by clicking the Delete Account link in the same Account sub-menu.
5.5 Policy Scope
5.6 Revisions To This Policy
6. Your Choices
6.1 Your Choices: Account Information
You may edit or delete your account information by using the Settings and Profile menus and options provided to you on the website and app. You may also delete your entire account by navigating to the Delete Account link.
6.2 Your Choices: Location Information
When you first access the Platform, we will collect information about your location, which we use to make better recommendations for users and events in your area, and to improve our Platform. If you do not want us to collect information about your location, then you can prevent this:
- If using a mobile app, by changing the settings on your device.
- If using our website, your location data will be obtained via a cookie.
6.3 Your Choices: Cookies
6.4 Your Choices: Promotional Communications
You can control messages that you receive from Linkup Point, other members, and third parties by adjusting the notification preferences in your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
7. Data Rights
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
8. Contact Us